Monday, November 10, 2008

Ahhhh....Family Time.......

The weekend was actually really good. Mainly quiet - or, as quiet as you can get with a 2.5 yr old and 10 yr old. No place to be at any certain time.....nothing that *had* to be done. We got new tires on my car ($245 cripes!!) and had lunch out at Logan's Roadhouse....yum! Rented a couple of Blockbuster movies and spent the evening quietly at home. One of the movies we watched was Kung Fu Panda......freakin' hilarious!! Both boys thoroughly enjoyed it and Little Man laughed even when he didn't know what he was laughing at :-) Went to church Sunday morning, the preschool choir performed-they were soooo cute! Then, another quiet (some would say boring) afternoon at home. I absolutely LOVED it. I worked on a crocheting project.....a co-worker here is having a baby girl come February and I'm making her several items. The one I'm working on now is this bunting I love this pattern......it's a simple repeat so I can work on it while watching tv, yet the stitches are interesting enough to not bore me to tears. Also, I'm not doing it in pastel pink, but rather it will look like this. Well hell, looks like my cell phone and email aren't going to play nice today. Maybe I'll be able to add them later. Now, as for last night? Oh my hell.....it was not good. For the past 3 months or so, Little Man has developed a terror for bathtime. I don't know what brought it on or why he's scared but holy jebus, the screaming and crying and red-faced, shaking toddler that used to LOVE bathtime.....not so much anymore. All we have to do is mention the word bath, and he starts sniffling and fussing. Start the bathwater and he stays as far away as possible, crying. Bring him in the bathroom and he's full out bawling and crying "no, no, no" while waving his little hand towards the tub. Actually put him IN the tub? Oh Lord have mercy.....full out crying, screaming, flailing his hands and whole body shaking like a leaf on a tree in a windstorm. Take that times 2 when you go to wash his hair. He won't sit in the tub.....that would take a miracle from up above. And while I have no doubt that such miracles *can* happen? They ain't happenin' in the bathtub at our house. After no nap on Sunday afternoon, and the fit at bathtime, LM fell asleep pretty damn quick--all cuddled up in my lap--which totally negated the fact that while I was trying to rinse his hair he called me "mean mama!!" in the midst of all the wailing.

Sigh....if anyone reads this and has any ideas on how to make bathtime less traumatic? I'm listenin'..........

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I would give my son a dry washcloth to cover his face while I washed his hair. The water on his face would drive him nuts and that seemed to help. I've seen little visors that are designed for use in the bathtub. That would have been handy. Here's a link for one example: http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_444059_kids_sassy_bath_n_sun_visor_2_pack_reviews