Thursday, October 1, 2009

Got to work this morning only to find that the main system is experiencing "technical difficulties" LOL, so I can't do any of my work that needs to be done. What better time to update than that, right?

I have something really awesome to share with you guys. I got to go to Trace's horse therapy session Tuesday night (usually I don't because I don't get off work in time) and I actually SAW him RIDING A HORSE. OMG y'all.....I couldn't be more proud, more excited! And Trace was excited about me being there and did a "trick" for me on the back of Big Red- he rotated in a complete circle on Red's back by lifting his legs up and over and turning! *And* he accomplished it in 5 seconds....*5* seconds!!! He started his session by brushing the dirt from Red's coat so he could put his riding blanket etc on him, after he finished that, he walked down to the barn (they were in the outside arena this time) and got the saddle blanket and padding, the stable halter and lead rope, his helmet and the girth strap and with help from the assistant in training, carried it all back to the outside arena. That, in and of itself, has the power to amaze me- getting everything in one trip (all the assistant did was help carry-he got everything picked out) was...well, let's just say that taking his dirty laundry downstairs normally takes 2-3 trips-not because he has so much but because he only takes 3-4 items at a time, lol.

Anyhow, the title said pictures, so pictures it is!!!




4 comments:

Laura Stillman said...

Wonderful pictures! Such a proud mommy moment!

Corrie Howe said...

I'm glad you were able to see him and see how he's going up and learning to do things on his own.

I know having to ride in the back of the driver's ed car with my son driving and the instructor in the passenger seat really increased my confidence in letting my teenager drive on his own.

Laura Stillman said...

I am jealous. Derek absolutely does not want to try to drive. But, he was interested when we talked about getting a scooter. I think he is comfortable riding the public bus and Denver has such a great system, he could do that forever and get anywhere he wants to go.

Laura Stillman said...

I have an award for! Come see!!

:-)

http://iamtheglue.blogspot.com/2009/10/you-like-meyou-really-like-me.html