Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Of turkeys and men....

Yeah, that's about as creative as I feel today. Sigh. We've been so slammed here at work, I didn't even get to wish anyone a happy Thanksgiving ....so, belated tho it is, Happy Thanksgiving! We spent it at my parents house (my mother in law is out of town til tomorrow) and my brother came in from L.A. .....and couldn't wait to hop his hiney on a plane back there after the cold and snow we had over the past weekend, LOL. It was a good time.....all the usual food trappings etc etc and visiting with family etc etc......ate too much etc etc......

I didn't step one foot in any department store on Black Friday. Hell no. Not even going there. Besides, we did end up getting the majority of our shopping done a couple of weeks ago......a couple of gift cards are all that's left.

Other than that? We've all been sick ('cept for Bubby....I don't know how the hell the kid does it, but he never gets sick) with something. Lil Man has strep throat, lovely. I swear to the heavens that Randy has bronchitis.....and I'm pretty sure mine's just your garden variety cold....blech. We lazed around all weekend, watched movies..... were very boring overall.

But, when I came in this morning and was catching up on my blog reading....I came across an entry that ....well....it just said everything that I've wanted to say re: autism and Aspergers and high functioning and low functioning and bad parenting ....and all that other stuff. Here.... go read this and then come back and let me know what you think. She's one of my very favorite bloggers.....straight up honest, silly, funny and a damn good writer..... I'm hella jealous ;-) Seriously though...go.....read.... I'll wait.

Back? So, what'd you think? Probably everything I've wanted to say about Dennis Leary and his sorry assed book (or, for that matter, anyone who is as delusional and misinformed as he is about autism and ASD), she said it better than I could ever imagine.

No comments: